Friday, February 17, 2006

Mormon Truth Podcast #8-Brent Belnap's Interview On The Today Show





MP3 File

Well, this has been irritating me ever since I first heard this interview and I really felt the extreme need to address the mis-truths and flat out lies that Brent Belnap, (Mormon Stake President of Manhattan), felt the need to propagate during his recent interview with Matt Lauer on the Today show.

The ending of the interview and the final question of Matt Lauer and then Brent Belnap's answer, was astonishing to me and one of the biggest lies I've heard yet. It sums up the lies, deceit and fraud of Mormonism perfectly.

It just proves that the Mormon Church will continue to openly lie and defraud people in order to keep their stone of lies and deceit, rolling through the world. Don't think for one second, that Brent Belnap wasn't prepared and told what to say by Mormon Hierarchy.

He was fully prepped and probably even had a list of questions from the Today show that he might be asked. To think otherwise, would be the ultimate case of naiveté. If they did know in advance what the questions would be, that makes him and The Mormon Hierarchy look even worse and more complicit in this latest escapade of lying to a Nationwide TV audience.

The Mormon Church would never EVER let someone go on national TV without full preparation of what to lie about. I look forward to all of your comments on the lies that Brent Belnap and The Mormon Hierarchy are continually propagating throughout the world, such as those that are shared in this piece.

I also wanted to mention something that I failed to expound on properly, like I should have, in the podcast. When asked by Matt Lauer about Polygamy and whether it was a "mistake in teaching", Brent Belnap says, "No, I don't believe so, it was actually a revelation from God. It was discontinued following a revelation from God in 1890."

So, does anyone else notice the incredible irony that God would give one revelation to start Polygamy or plural marriage and then give another revelation to stop it? So what we have then, is a God that clearly changes his mind, right? Why would any God do that? Did God not foresee the problems that would come from Polygamy and that Utah couldn't become a State if they were practicing it?

Did the Mormon God not realize that Polygamy was against the law? Why would he ask the Mormons, his chosen seed, to blatantly break the law of the land? On top of that, it really wasn't polygamy, because the marriages weren't even legally recognized by the United States Government, so in reality, they were just all adulterers, especially Joseph Smith. I guess even the Mormon Godhood if full of law breakers. They preach one thing but do another....hey, sounds like the current and past Mormon Hierarchy.

Let's all remember the Mormon Church's precious 12th Article of Faith:

12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.


Is he, the great Mormon God, not omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent, like the scriptures claim he is? Is he an imperfect, evolving being, who learns from his mistakes, just like us. I guess he's still climbing that ladder, rung by rung, just like us, right? After all, he was once a man, who lived on an earth like us, as Joseph Smith clearly taught(which Hinckley denies) and apparently, he has a hard time shaking off his imperfections. Amazing that Jesus was perfect, but his Father isn't? Another big oops!!

Also, why did the Mormon God, or Jesus, decide that the "law of the land", suddenly mattered and was important, in 1890, but it didn't matter for the previous 57 years, since Joseph first starting having sex with his housemaid, Fanny Alger, who was only 16 years old in around 1833. If the answers aren't obvious, then I feel sorry for you. Expand your mind and use common sense and it will come to you.

Now, Let's all remember what Joseph's right hand man, Oliver Cowdery had to say about Joseph's "secret adulterous affair" with Fanny Alger; that it was "a dirty, nasty, filthy affair." Did he every recant this opinion? If the Mormons get all excited, saying that he never recanted his Book of Mormon testimony, how about this testimony? It cuts both ways TBMS!!

***One small correction-I incorrectly stated that Joseph Smith claimed that he was second only to Jesus Christ, in D&C 135, but I know that it was John Taylor that wrote those words and the entire section 135 of the Mormon Doctrine and Covenants. In fact, Joseph never claimed that he was 2nd to Jesus Christ, rather that he was actually GREATER than Jesus Christ, as I stated in the podcast.

At least John Taylor didn't take it that far and put him second. Just as a reminder, this is exactly what Joseph Smith said: "I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet." (History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 408-412).***

Here is a link to a great post I did, which includes the above quote and much, much more, entitled, "Famous Mormon Prophet's/Apostle's Quotes--The Mormon Hall Of Shame-Volume 1!! If you haven't read it yet, you should really check it out!! I'll be doing Volume 2 soon, as it's long overdue!!

I also mentioned several other podcasts and one that I mentioned was Mormon musingswhich is by Steve Zimmerman and I mistakenly said John. It is very insightful and he's a great guy who has given me great support.

A couple more shout outs, to The Church is not true, with Mike and Hyrum and their rockin' podcasts and they are the guys that inspired me to start my podcast. Finally, another new comer is Saul Rosenburg, who just got started, with his podcast, Mormonism, good or bad. It is raw and powerful as he shares his experiences and feelings. I'm not sure what his future plans are, as he has done 3 podcasts, but only 1 shows up on iTunes and his webpage is now empty.

Anyway, I hope that you all enjoyed this podcast and learned even more about how the Mormon Church continues to perpetuate their lies and defraud the world, while clearly and always misrepresenting themselves and what they actually believe in and teach. The MORMON CHURCH IS A FRAUD NOW AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN!! Let's keep spreading the truth in order to untangle their lies!!

Samuel the Utahnite

14 Comments:

At February 17, 2006 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How 'bout I spread your truth skldjflj!!! If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. God doen't want you to be mean to any Christian chruch. And yes, the truth of that is in the title: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

 
At February 17, 2006 7:48 PM, Blogger Samuel the Utahnite said...

Yeah, okay, whatever you say, right? The Mormon Church is a fraud, plain and simple. Have you even listened to the podcast to know what you are talking about? Have you listened to any of the podcasts? Have you even read a single word that I've written?

So, you are gonna "spread my truth skldjflj?" Should I be concerned about what that means? LOL!! I wish you the best though!! You have every right to claim that your Church is true as I do, to say that it's false, which it clearly is.

Oh by the way, it is hypocritical for you or anyone from the Mormon Church, to tell me that God doesn't want me to be mean to any Christian Church, especially Mormonism, when the Mormons send out 50,000 missionaries to tell the world that their Churches are false and the only path to return to God, is through Mormonism.

Brent Belnap can lie his ass off, like he does, and say that Mormonism is being taught as an alternative religion, but just read the current Ensign, listen to conference talks, etc and you'll know it's a lie.

I understand that there are many things that I discuss, that you've never heard of, or didn't know that they were ever taught, but they were taught and said and I'm sorry to be the one to burst your bubble. This goes for anyone that is reading this.

Anyway, I wish you the best and take a listen to what I have to say and you might end up freeing both yourself and your family from the Mormon cult.

Samuel

 
At February 18, 2006 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has this guy ever read The teachings of Joseph Smith?
God obviously didn't tell him not to be mean. He spent most of his time telling the world about how bad everyone else was. You just need to check out the D&C for proof.

 
At February 18, 2006 10:46 AM, Blogger Samuel the Utahnite said...

Thanks Sarah!! Yeah, in between telling everyone how great he was, he was condemning everybody else (including his wife), which still lives on today.

I guess when you personally claim that you are greater than Jesus, hey, you've got it made, no where to go but up, up and away to your celestial pie in the sky, right?

There he sits, enthroned in yonder heavens, waiting for us to die, so that he can judge us...what a joke!!

My favorite example though of Joseph's arrogance and love toward others(there are so many instances)is in D&C 132; where he claims like 4-5 times, that JESUS says he will DESTROY Emma, if she doesn't go along with with his adultery and pedophilia.

We all know that it was really Joseph and Hyrum that came up with that so-called revelation, after Joseph got caught by Emma. People can't see this for what it is? Really?

Emma catches or finds out that Joseph Smith is "married" and sleeping with other women and then Joseph Smith conveniently receives a revelation from above, saying that Emma will be destroyed if she doesn't accept his adultery? Come on people, wake up man, it isn't that hard!!

I guess it's hard to argue with God. Although I will mention that Emma was never okay with it, never accepted it and was never DESTROYED. That silly Mormon God and Jesus, always making threats and promises and then not coming through.

So, Mr./Ms. "don't be so mean, God doesn't want you to be mean to any Christian Church", how do you feel about the "non-mean" Mormon Jesus, threatening to destroy Emma if she didn't comply with Joseph's adultery and pedophilia. I look forward to your response.

Thanks Sarah for your comment, which inspired me to write this.

Samuel

 
At February 18, 2006 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What IDIOT wrote the last comment???? Good hell, you can put Jesus Christ is the name of any church, that doesn't make it a Christian church. Good hell, what a dumbass, anonymous is. I could not even believe that post.

If you don't have anything nice to say about, let's say, oh---Hitler-- don't say anything at all? Are you freaking kidding!?! That is how many people look the damn YOUR cult. It is full of shit. Find one Mormon who doesn't lie, and you have jujst found a dead Mormon. Dead men tell no lies.

Samuel, ignore cretins like anonymous---keep spreading the word. There are enough idiots like the nutball who wrote the previous post. They still don't get it--They are in a CULT.

If they want to stay brainwashed, well, have at it. But there are enough Mormons who want the truth and cannot get it from their OWN cult--those are the people who will find truth here.

What do you think, anonymous cretin, that Samuel is making all this up for no reason? I imagine that you do. I feel sorry for people like you. Blame Samuel for telling the truth, huh? You just don't want to hear it.

Samuel, ignore these knuckleheads, they are blind sheep who will suck down all of the shit they are fed and tell Gordo thanks.

Samuel--GREAT job.
Anonymous--go read about your cult.
Read about it from your OWN sources. You are a blind fool.

 
At February 18, 2006 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous can, of course, choose to believe who he/she wants. At the end of the day, the church will only require 10% of his/her income (even birthday presents... thanks Mum and Dad!), all his time, his thoughts, his life "if necessary", then load him with guilt for the rest of his life, all for the promise of "exhaltation" in the next life - as the Manhattan Stake President conveniently tells us about.

Oh, and if he then starts to think for himself, and discovers that what he was taught wasn't strictly true, e.g. D. Michael Quinn, he'll find himself thrust out, condemned to the bitterest hell, with no friends, no family, and no sign of any return for all his previous hard work and cash.

On the other hand, "professional" anti-Mormons, such as Samuel, don't ask for anything. I didn't pay Samuel to make this podcast. He doesn't even ask me to believe in his ideas. The whole point of these casts is to help people see what they are getting into before they join the church, or help build a sense of community for those who now find themselves thrust out.

So if I were to consider who is liklier to be telling the truth, and "study it out in my mind", I'd probably come to the conclusion that "conspiring men" (ref. D&C 89:1) are trying to hide things from us for a reason. And, let's be honest, the interviewee in this broadcast did hide a lot. He answered all the "Yes's", but forgot all the "buts".

Good job Samuel. Thanks for taking the time to do the podcast.

 
At February 19, 2006 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I listened to the podcast it reitterated how much mind control the church has over its members.

I felt sick listening to the interview. The sad thing is that Brent probably doesn't even think he's telling everyone a pile of lies, he's soooo brainwashed.

I remember my dad used to tell me that if there was one thing he hated it was lying(Very ironic). Then as kids if we challenged whether we had a tesitimony he'd quickly tell us we did. Yeah right, like any little kid has had a witness of the truth.

Everyone loves the little kids that get up and bear their parents tesitimony("I don't know what to say mum," "just say you know the church is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet") Ahhh, can't you just feel the spirit!!!

 
At February 20, 2006 1:31 PM, Blogger Eric Hoffman said...

Sammy....
Once again...you have shown that when it comes to the Mormon Church...truth will always prevail!! The Mormon Churh is a Cult...A Cult by definition is an organized religion that srurrounds themselves around one relevator who claims to have new revelation of Christ and claims to be in harmony with Biblical Scripture. The Mormon Church is no different than any other cult. People....Thanks for the shout out to me on your podcast!!!! It's promising when you see comments from people like the first comment on this page. People that are in the church or dont agree with you or dont even know the lies that are in the Mormon church are the target audience....Keep it up!!!

 
At February 22, 2006 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, I do not regret joining the Church. I joined with an open mind to learn more about this unique religion and I was looking for some fellowship with others. If anything, I've also learned more about myself and my faith in the Lord in the process. It has also forced me to reread my bible.
With that out of the way, I will profess my own belief that this is indeed a FALSE RELIGION.
I don't know where to begin. I'll start by saying that my suspision all began when I started noticing contradictions in the Church itself. Things didn't add up.
Authority and not questioning the prophets was the first red flag! As I have learned, the Church Leadership claims that they are the only ones who have the "true authority" and that questioning this claimed authority already effects my salvation. In other words, there is a term for people like me and former Mormons: we have become the "sons of perdition" and will be damned to hell for breaking their first commandment of "obedience." Well, we both know from reading our Bible that no man on Earth has power over our salvation. Salvation comes from Christ dying on the Cross for our sins and nothing more. I can recite the many passages that say this, but, I know you already know them, so I will not bother.
It took me to do some serious soul searching and investigation on the internet of websites by former mormons (and there are hundreds of them) to direct me back to reading my Bible and testing the Church's own claims.
But it does not stop there! There Church's own claims change over time. The Church has an answer for this of course: "A living prophet's words are more important than a dead prophet's words." The Church says revelation is an ongoing, evolutionary process, although they also claim that God's word NEVER CHANGES and that it is eternal. Well, if that is the case, then if revelation is God's work through these Prophets, then either God is lying 'cause the stories keep changing or they are lying and making up things to protect their own Church. I now believe they are the ones lying and I can no longer trust them.
Get the picture? You must keep doing these "summer salts" in your mind to keep up with them, which means they are playing clever games of manipulation. So, obedience to their word is more important than obedience to the God's own word in the scriptures.
Salvation also depends on paying tithing and doing good works and not questioning these people. Once again, this contradicts what salvation is already about: Christ dying on the Cross for our sins.
The Temple ceremonies also concern me, which I will not be partaking in. See, that is why they believe in baptizing the dead who never got a chance to belong to the "real and true church." If that is the case, once again they are denying that Christ's own crucifixion saved all before and after the event. Their stance is that they must save these souls through baptizing them. They are in essence denying Christ's own power and authority by doing this. The scriptures also say that God's word would never die once his son was sacrificed on the cross and that he would always have followers no matter what. Claiming they restored his word is again false because they contradict these scriptures.
Finally, I do not believe Joseph Smith or any other Mormon Presidents are true prophets. They are FALSE prophets as the Bible did prophesize about.
I no longer pay tithing after doing a thorough investigation of the Church's very closed financial policies.
If anything, this has reaffirmed my faith in who the Lord really is and what he's about. I'm fortunate to have had the opportunity to find this out on my own.
dakota

 
At February 27, 2006 4:14 PM, Blogger Paul M. Kingery said...

Dear Samuel,
Thank you for your thoughts about honoring kings. I look forward to following your interesting blog. Are you interested in topics about the apocalypse, end times, the end of the world, eschatology, last days, the horsemen of the apocalypse, the beast, prophesy, prophesies, revelation, 666, bible prophesy, prophets, Canaan, Canaan's land, Land of Canaan, or the Christian future? If so you may enjoy reading "Land of Canaan." This is a free online book. The Link is http://landofcanaan.info/book.php
Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Paul M. Kingery, PhD, MPH

 
At February 28, 2006 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the subject of temples and the Mormon lie that God has "ordered them to be built," including the cornerstone on the Salt Lake Temple that says it is the "House of the Lord," The Acts in the New Testament proclaims that the "Lord does not live in Temples built with human hands."

 
At May 10, 2006 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who gave you the right to decide that God can't change his mind? Where do you get the right to dictate that He can't tell someone to do something at one time and then later to tell them to stop doing it?

I am confused at what you use as your guide to make this assertion.

A simple example could be the fact that He gave the Mosaic law because the people couldn't live the higher law. He later did away with the Mosaic law. So according to you he can't be God because he "changed His mind."

Where in LDS doctrine is the idea that he can't and doesn't do so? God himself is eternal and doesn't change but that doesn't mean that what he asks us to do can't change and evolve. For example as a college professor I ask students on a 101 level course to do things that I will later ask them not to do later. Or I will later ask them to do things in a completely different way now they know much more. I couldn't ask them to do the stuff on the 401 course because it would have been meaningless. So according to your assertion I must be a fraud because I have changed my mind about what I want them to do. You suggest that someone who teaches in this way musn't know what he is talking about. Our Heavenly Father works in the same way with us. It's the only way to grow.

I have read and listened to your stuff and can't see where you get your "facts" from.

How is the LDS church a cult? Except for your definition which isn't necessarily the same as others. What does it do that hurts you or others?

You say it is clearly false. What are your facts that show this to be so. I haven't seen or heard anything to prove it.

You claim that Brent Belnap lied - prove it. What did he say that is at odds with what others in the church say?

Why do you have to be "mean" to and about the LDS church? What do you hope to achieve by doing it?Don't tell me that you want to save others from the same problems that you have gone through. Noone ever does anything unless there's something in it for them.

 
At August 10, 2006 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man alive, "ITE" ...
a 16 minute 12 second introduction for a 6 minute 23 scond interview.

By the way I had paper and pencil in hand waiting to write down all the lie's from President Belnap...
hey dude, can not say that I heard any lie's... was I suppose to turn down my TBM noise filter to hear the lie's? Man I guess I should have...

Advise for you "ITE"... leave return to neutral ground, if you can... I have heard that once left it is not going to happen.
Repent, or turn your energy somewhere else...

I am off to visit some of the other Glogs that you mentioned, Ishouldhavebelieved.com, I think, or whatever, I think...

Hey dude dont think so much, just give it like it is.
anyway... like man this is the best stuff... anyway,

Do you realize how much you say the words anyway?
well, anyway....

later man,
crazy and anyway.

 
At September 22, 2006 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Samuel, I love your podcasts. I really appreciated this one. It was a "re-awakening", so to speak. I too was shocked at his blatant lies. The LDS church an "alternative religion"?! WTF?!?!

Anyway, keep it up, and try not to get too upset with the cultists. They'll see the light eventually, and they'll thank you for it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

border=0

Get your own map at hit2map.com