Monday, March 13, 2006

Mormon Truth Podcast #10-Is Mormonism a cult?!!-Part 2





MP3 File

This is a continuation of the last podcast and part 2 of "is Mormonism a cult?" In part 1, I discussed the first 7 of 15 items on the "cult checklist." Those that have already listened to part 1, know that we went 7-7 and so far, everything is checking out 100%, that Mormonism is indeed a cult, without a doubt. I shared many examples and I will share many more in this 2nd part of the podcast, covering items 8-15 on the "cult checklist."

I also will include several clips from the pre-1990 temple ceremony, which will include the penalties that went along with it, which I sadly agreed to obey out of fear and lifelong brainwashing. It is sick and twisted stuff and I can't believe that I agreed to give up my own life before revealing "the secrets."

If, after part 1, you still have doubts that Mormonism is a cult, this 2nd part, should be able to easily erase that doubt and convince you that Mormonism is definitely a cult. I also share a clip of Spencer W. Kimball, one from Hinckley and we'll even get to hear from Adam(God) himself, in a guest appearance, exhorting us to obey these men called Prophets, Seers, Revelators and Apostles.

So, here's the bottom line; if you liked part 1, you are gonna love part 2. For those that would like to dispute the facts that I've presented, that Mormonism is a huge cult; I look forward to your comments and Emails. I will be fascinated to see how you explain away all of these obvious facts. Then again, it's probably just all a coincidence, that you can go through a cult checklist and check them off one by one, right?

Additional Links:

Financial post on what they are invested in and what you can donate, with links.

Better off dead post

Post on tithing, with all that I quoted in the podcast, from Hinckley, Faust, Tingey, Robbins, etc, plus links to those talks, so that you can read them for yourself and verify that what I'm saying is the truth. The Faust comment on the gold fillings, is in the archives of the Church news.

I have written many posts on tithing, you can just go to my main blog and type in tithing in the search above and it will pull them all up. Or, you can just click here.

If I left out a link that you want or need, just let me know. I covered a lot of material in these last 2 podcasts and I may have accidentally left one out.

I also wanted to mention that the problems I've been having with my host, Ourmedia, limits my file sizes to under 25MB and so in order to fit in the 93 minute podcast, I had to decrease the sound quality. I hope that it is still okay and at least listenable, but I apologize for any distortion that came from having to do that.

I'm trying really hard to keep my podcasts at an hour, so that I don't have to decrease their sound quality, but I just had too much to cover on this one and I didn't want to go into a part 3.

Thanks everyone for listening, I hope that you enjoyed it and I look forward to your comments.

Samuel the Utahnite

5 Comments:

At March 15, 2006 9:25 PM, Blogger Muir Family said...

Bonnie says:
Fantastic part two. Samuel, you have the best podcasts! I just love listening to them because you provide SO much info!

The cult podcast is my favorite of all of them. Normally I look at things as us vs. them. Now I can see that I was one of them--and I start to understand why it is so hard for Mormons to see what we see.

They think we hate them and that they are full of shit. The fact is that we WERE them and we know that they are being taken for a ride.

Mormons are generally good people. They would probably read your blog and think "poor lost soul", just as we might have done a while back.

I think that getting this information out there at least gives people a choice to listen and read an alternative opinion.

And for any Mormons reading this, we are not Mormon haters. We have felt the way you feel, have been in the temple, have had the same thoughts you have. We are not evil wicked people.

We have come to see the LDS church in a different light. You may never believe it is a cult, and go along fine and dandy. If so, best wishes.

As for me, I just simply and honestly believe that Joseph Smith was a liar and that he made it all up. I do believe the church is a cult.

Thank you, thank you Samuel for another great podcast.

 
At March 17, 2006 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your post from March 16 regarding crazy people that you've been getting emails from lately. I too had a podcast - only for a sort time. My biggest mistake was using an alias and then my real first name (Dewey). Within days I had threatening phone calls and our house was egged the same week I used my real name. Continue to use an alias Samuel. I appreciated your post on the iTunes comments board re: my podcast. One day we'll meet - as I'd like to meet Bonnie, Eric and Mike Norton. Thank you for what you're doing and for the risk you're taking. I must now think about my family before I join the army against this cult – but it will happen.

 
At March 25, 2006 3:20 PM, Blogger el veneno said...

you say you were an active member for 30 years and never doubted for a second. Maybe you should have doubted for a second. I've doubted a whole lot and I still think the church is great. I think it's healthy

 
At March 19, 2007 2:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You tube is saying Viacom dosen't allow the videos here to work. Any alternate links? Also it's easy to see why the Mormons are so mad - they invested a lifetime of devotion to nothing other than a scam. And they don't want to admit buyer's remorse. Keep up the great work Sammual!

 
At January 27, 2008 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

still waiting for the alterate links

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

border=0

Get your own map at hit2map.com