Thursday, April 06, 2006

Mormon Truth Podcast #13-Interview with Living Truth's Eric-Part 2





MP3 File

This is part 2 of my podcast with "The Living Truth's" Eric, who is doing an outstanding job by the way. I'm always amazed, at how great his knowledge is, regarding all things Mormon, which in most cases, easily surpasses the knowledge of most members and certainly the apologists. At least Eric is able to use his brain and logic, to see things plainly and exactly the way they are, unlike the Mopologists like FARMS "Daniel C. Peterson" or FAIRS "John Lynch."

We talk about a lot of things in this part 2, including my journey to the truth and out of Mormonism, which included a big dose of Cognitive dissonance, along that path, as I tried to reconcile what I was finding with what I had been taught all my life. We discussed
Darron Smith and the article in the Salt Lake City Weekly, which was really the impetus, that got me onto the path that I'm on now. That led me to Hinckley's interviews, which we discuss, along with polygamy and many other things.

We also discussed exactly "what is a special witness of Jesus Christ", since that is what the Apostles and Prophets, refer to themselves as. I also discuss my feelings on leaving the Mormon cult and the impact that it has had on me emotionally, spiritually and also in regard to my family and friends.


I Just want to give a big shout out to Eric and say thanks again for having me on your podcast!! Let's do it again soon!!

Also, at the beginning of this podcast, I play the "actual audio" of Gordon B. Hinckley, the current Mormon Prophet's words, from this past Saturdays General Priesthood Session, regarding racism. I also give a few comments on what I think about the situation.

Here is a link to John Dehlin's Mormon Stories site, where he has posted a 3 part interview with Darron Smith. Also, I've left two comments there and I would encourage any of you that are interested in this subject, of the Mormon Church's racism, to leave your feelings there also, when you get the chance.

There is also another link, where Darron Smith is currently in discussion with everyone, regarding his podcast, and you can leave comments there as well, for him, or in response to others, with many TBMS, who have a lot to say, some good, some ridiculous.

Also, here is the link to the post I just wrote over on my Mormon Truth blog, regarding the Mormon Church's incredible history and doctrines of racism, all the way back to Joseph Smith. I'm hoping that Hinckley will read it, so that he can "UNDERSTAND", where this racism coming from!!

Samuel the Utahnite

1 Comments:

At September 22, 2006 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This podcast isn't synched up with iTunes :(

OH!!! Your last post on racism was wonderful! You have really outdone yourself this time. I've been searching everywhere for some of those quotes, and you introduced me to several new ones. PLUS, It's always entertaining to read the interviews where Hinckley exposes himself for being the blundering idiot that he is. LOL! I have to say that he is the best profit (oops!, "prophet") the cult (ugh, "church") has every had.

Keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

border=0

Get your own map at hit2map.com